Monday, September 30, 2013

Audience−I'm Reaching Out to You!

Hello!

Welcome back to all of us.

It's been a while since I've posted to my own blog. Now, I'm back--not with a vengeance--but with determination to reach out to the audience for my writing and to connect you with my work. This lapse in blog upkeep has been very productive. As a result, Oaktown Writers Collective (OWC) was co-created with Dr. Lesa Hammond and Colette Winlock. You're invited to visit our website:

Oaktown Writers Collective

I've finished my fifth book, Listening Out Loud: A Friend to the Serious Writer and have scheduled three local workshops presenting this approach toward creative writing. Find out details on my website, tannerblue.com.

OWC held our first meetup yesterday; it was a wonderful mix of fellow writers. Dr. Hammond shared with us valuable information from her book, Achieve in 5! How to Transform Your Life in Just Five Minutes a Day. Explore the book for yourselves, but we did a freewrite about dreams and finish lines that inspired me to revive this blog. My big brother Ken was one of the participants, which made all the difference in the world. My husband's continuous support and attentiveness also nudged me toward spending this time with you, right now. Why? Because you're my audience and I want what's best for you.

Listening Out Loud: A Friend to the Serious Writer is my first nonfiction title. Here's the list of the three novels and collection of short stories that preceded it:

Tanner Blue

Painted Deserts

Members

Music for the Dream--Seven Short Stories

I'm off to do our weekly show on Blog Talk Radio. I want to stay in much closer touch with you.

Best wishes,
Valerie

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Good to see you back posting! Bravo on your new accomplishments and endeavors!