Friday, March 4, 2011

InneRhythms

I've worked in the publishing industry as a development editor, managing editor, and am still employed as a freelance indexer. When I was working in house at a company in Emeryville, I remember how a copy editor who I supervised hated intercaps. Up until that time, I had been neutral about the practice of imposing capital letters in the midst of lowercase. In coining the term, InneRhythms, I invoke the privilege of doing something in moderation to make a point.

The idea of inner rhythms came to me while exercising on my mini stair stepper earlier this week. I played a mystery CD and was thrilled by being in perfect sync with the first two tunes--Across the River by Vasquez and All One by Oscar Castor Nieves. Esperanto by Kurt Elling proved to be a perfect finale. That workout was a tremendous moment of clicking.

If there are InneRhythms, there must be a counterpart, right?

No comments: