Thursday, June 17, 2010

Positivity

My brother has advised me to update my blog regularly so I'm happy to do as he tells me. My first thought was to title this post, "Do What You Want," but it felt fraught with qualifiers due to an overwhelming sense of a global lack of consensus on the most basic thoughts, feelings, and ideas.

I hope that "Positivity" has a good chance of warming every heart.

My novel, TANNER BLUE, and my collection of short stories, MUSIC FOR THE DREAM won international awards last month. This is thrilling! I just added some lovely award icons to my website and made a few little enhancements. I invite you to see them for yourself at tannerblue.com.

Enough about me. How about you?

1 comment:

Ken said...

Hi Val:

Positivity. Hmmmmm. What does it mean to me? I'm not sure (how's that for a qualifier?) but for starters it means giving thanks every day. Very first thing in the morning is best because the "rational" mind is not fully engaged and many of us make the mistake of assuming and believing that what emanates from the rational mind is all there is. Positivity is a teeter-totter kind of thing. Not rational or irrational. But a unique and essential balance that we experience intellectually and intuitively. Positivity = balance.